Saturday, June 4, 2016

And the 2015-16 School Year at YISS is Now History!!

Happy June to each of you!  June 1 was an "Early Release" day and the final day for the 2015-16 school year at YISS!  So many farewells to students, parents, teachers, and staff made it a very emotional week for me.  I have been overwhelmed and humbled by the many comments from students, parents, and teachers throughout the entire school as they shared with me so may encouraging and humbling messages - and in so many different forms.  Wednesday at the Elementary Staff closing lunch I was given a beautiful tribute via video that had some very funny memories from students, teachers, and administrators (some surprise video visits).  Then on Friday at our Final All Staff Gathering in the auditorium, I was surprised by a tribute from the headmaster, Mr. Ray Johnson. At the close of his comments, I was moved to tears when all of the YISS teachers and staff stood to give me an ovation.  I was left speechless and humbled by the outpouring of love and encouragement from those who have been my colleagues for six years.

There were numerous visits from students and parents throughout the week - even after the last day of school.  On Wednesday when the YISS Yearbooks were distributed to students, there was this seemingly endless line of elementary cherubs extending out of my office while children waited to speak with me and have me write in their yearbooks.  I believe I was glued to my office chair for almost two hours.  What a special time I had with these delightful cherubs!


Here is "Dancing Boy Andrew" in my office getting his yearbook signed.  He did a quick "Yearbook Dance" but I wasn't quick enough to have it caught on video! :-)
___________________________________________________

Another highlight of the week was our Kindergarten Graduation ceremony on Tuesday evening! They chose the theme Tell the World! for this year's ceremony and they did such a great job!  I had the honor of closing the evening in prayer. It was so wonderful that we were able to close the year with parents and students and visitors hearing about the love of Jesus and how we should be telling the world about His love for us!


This was this year's theme!  Such a great way to end the year for our Kinder cherubs!


Here are the Kinder cherubs on stage as our headmaster, Mr. Johnson, welcomes the audience and then has an opening prayer for the evenings festivities!
__________________________________________________

Throughout Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I was visited by students and parents in my office or at a restaurant or in the hallways at school.  They wanted to express how much they were going to miss me and wanted to come and just let me know.  I will share some of those experiences in pictures for you below.


   A Friday visit from two YISS young men who just graduated.
                            Daniel, GGG. and Tomas!  


Brendan stopped by on Friday as well!  We have been building a relationship since he entered in Grade 5.  Can't believe he will be a Junior at YISS in the Fall.


Here I am with one of the key leaders in the YISS PTO.  Mrs.    
Stephanie Manni has been involved in the YISS PTO since the   
family arrived when Michaela was in Grade 1.  She stopped by to 
personally tell me thanks for all that I have done for Michaela and
her family!                                            


Friday evening I enjoyed a fantastic time with this family at the Maple Tree Restaurant!  Ryan and Jayne are the parents of my buddy, Max!  They have been such an encouragement to me.  They wanted to express their thanks for taking care of their son so well.  I am going to miss them so much!


Max created a thank you card with our picture on the front.  Inside he had written a beautiful thank you for all I did to help him grow at YISS.  The family presented me with this handsome tie. (They know I have this addiction for shirts and ties!) :-)


While enjoying my late breakfast (after the movers left my apartment) on Saturday at the Original Pancake House, this group of YISS elementary students came racing to my table and wanted to sit with me for a picture. We had a nice time chatting and laughing.  Going to miss them so much, too.
____________________________________________________

Saturday morning, June 4, the Moving Company from Pyeongtaek arrived promptly at 9:00 AM to pack the remaining belongings (clothing, kitchen stuff, some furniture, bedding, wall hangings, appliances, etc.).  Two men did an outstanding job!  The one came in and went from room-to-room with me making sure what they were to pack and what they weren't to pack.  Then when his partner came up to the apartment, he took him around and gave him the details.  At 10:35 AM, they had everything packed and loaded on the truck and were gone!  Now we will see if everything is in good shape when I get down to Pyeongtaek on Wednesday night after finishing my final day at YISS.


  Some of the boxes and other goodies in the front room ready for 
                                            the movers.


Some of the kitchen stuff.  There were still things in the cupboards.  They did all of the packing of the coffee mugs and breakable items!


Preparing the boxes for the suits and shirts!      


Items to go from the bedroom - everything but the bookshelf, bed, and fan.


The mirror, piano, and my reading chair all set to get wrapped and
                                    loaded on the truck!
______________________________________________

I am excited, yet nervous, about my first days at ICS-Pyeongtaek beginning on Thursday at 8:00 AM. Here are some things you can be praying for:

*  At 8:00 AM on Thursday, I will go with the Admin. Assistant, Helen Lee, to the Pyeongtaek Immigration Office.  I need one more document from the NICS Home Office and if it is there and all my other documents are in order, Mrs. Lee said that things should go forward and I would have my renewed Visa Alien Card before I travel to the USA on June 22.  Please pray that this will all work out!

*  I will be working closely with the current Headmaster, Mr. Bob Newman, for two weeks on transition things.  ICS-P is still in session so I will also be involved with students and teachers.  I had met some of the ICS-P students on several of my previous visits in the last two months and  I already have a burden in my heart for a quartet of young high school students.  I would appreciate your prayers for these young men as well as other students I will be getting to know at the close of this year + all of the teachers.  Here is a picture of four ICS-P students you can be praying for:


Here are the four ICS-P young men: From Left to right - Ju Young, Nic, Jason, and Joshua.  Thanks for praying for me, and them, as I seek to get to know them better!


*  Pray that I will be able to transition well and be able to unpack everything and get it organized at the new apartment, as well as at my office at ICS-P.  Please pray that I will be able to get all other details worked out as far as car insurance, registration, getting around the Pyeongtaek area, getting to know the school community, etc.

In addition to the packing and moving on Saturday morning, I also was able to meet with my dear friend, Gunmo, and a former SYME student, Joonsoo (Carlos) Lee, who is back in Korea for a few weeks to have his knee and ankle checked out.  He is currently studying at California Baptist University and is home to find out if he needs to have surgery.  I know he would value your prayers.


Gunmo and I enjoying some excellent coffee, chocolate, conversation, and laughter. 


Another photo, but our faces are a bit dark because of the sunlight. You can see a nice view of Namsan Tower from this coffee shop right beside the apartment I am leaving.


GGG and Joonsoo preparing to eat some yummy Mexican food at Los Amigos.


Joonsoo enjoyed beef burrito!


And I enjoyed my chicken quesadillas!
_________________________________________________

I will have an updated address for you soon.  Thanks so much for all of your prayers at this time as I say my "Hasta la vistas" at YISS and transition to ICS-P.  Your love, care, encouragement, prayers, and support continue to mean so much to me!  Happy June!

Love, Gregg


1 comment:

  1. Get Your visa renewal done in less than 3 hours from the Us visa renewal after 10 yearstime you make your embassy payment. payment after processing your application. we deal with american USA visa renewal services inus visitor visa renewalIndia mainly in Hyderabad Delhi Mumbai Chennai kolkata.

    ReplyDelete